Friday, September 17, 2010

Digital Drawing - Halloween Goblin

So, my biggest fan has an interest in cute little things like gnomes and goblins.  With Halloween around the corner, I thought it would be good to sharpen my illustration skills and incorporate some digital rendering too. 

Here's the process....
First, I start off with a blue line sketch; then outline everything with marker.


Next I scan everything in and clean up the stray lines and make the white's whiter.

To start with coloring, I add a good mid-tone.  Looks silly, but I know the end product will be ok.

This is where I wish I could record my screen actions.  On a new layer, I add the highlights and shadows.  Using a good textured brush adds the "pastel" effect.  Also, I drop to opacity of the colors so they will bend easier. 

Next, I'll add a spooky dark background to tie everything together.  Also, this will "ground" my subject and give me the chance to clean up the edges. 


A few more touch ups around the edges...

Finally, throw in some "spooktacular" text and we are finished!

Have fun yall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment